- Pumpkin pie spice
- apple pie spice
- candy scents ( more for Christmas(so no)
- Pine (more for Christmas, so no as well)
- Orange (can be but more Christmas)
- Mulberry (more for Christmas but can be used as well for Thanksgiving)
The BathroomNow when making sure smells are incorporated into the decor make sure that you don't forget about the other rooms. Especially the bathroom. Why the bathroom? Well think about it for a second. If your quest come over do you think they will go to the neighbors home to barrow theirs? No silly they won't they want to use your of course. So make sure your bathroom has some sort of air freshener. The way I do this is I make sure they don't see the freshener. So I take a basket and place it in front of a automatic freshener. The mist ones are best because they don't make sounds and can be hidden much easier.
But if you choose to use another method then I have a few .
- oils ( Place a few drops onto a piece of card board and hang the cardboard somewhere that it can't be seen. Anything can be substituted.)
- Potpourri ( spray some oils or dust it with something like the spices in your shelves,also in a bowl with the potpourri place some Christmas lights in the container and mix the potpourri into the bowl. I use the colored lights like orange or white in the bowl. The heat will bring those smells to the top where everyone can have a whiff.)
- Take some Sand dust(the kind they use to make designs out of) mix in some spices or perfume that has a spicy scent. It has the extra bonus effect. The look is pretty to the eyes and the smell to the nose and it is a great decor.
- I take a few fabric sheets that have a wonderful smell to them and place them in my dirty clothes cabinet. Keeps those smells from crawling out of there from stinky socks and such.)
- Candles (are a great one)
- There are also those round disks they sell in stores that are scented for the car. You can through those down near the Toilet make sure to place them far enough back that they won't be seen. If they run out of scent(which I doubt) then rub on some oils.
- Fresh cut flowers can be very useful ,making sure they are freshly cut or bought freshly cut. A few kinds that give off nice smells are Carnations,roses,lilies, daffodils)
When you steam clean you can put a little perfume into the mix depending on if you can . What I do is I take hot water like it request and then I drop a few drops of a scent from the potpourri into the water and start her up. You can also buy some Frebreze into the hot water instead just to get rid of bad smells and then let my spices work.
Ps. a nice fire smell in the house also makes the house feel cozy and the smell makes it feel like the Holidays are here.
Well that just about raps the scent of Thanksgiving.
Check back soon my next blog will be about "Getting your kitchen ready for Thanksgiving cooking."